Juliana’s Anglers Annual Fly Fishing School
and Warm-up Weekend for Women
Friday, April 28, 2017 – Sunday, April 30, 2017
Oh, no! You missed the women’s fishing school! Our school is held annually around the same time each year. If you are interested in learning how to fly fish with us, please send us an email at email@example.com. If we have sufficient interest we may hold an additional school or arrange for one-on-one or small group classes. If you are interested in our annual school, check out the information below and the FAQ then mark your calendar to check this website in January 2018 so you don’t miss next year’s school.
A Juliana’s tradition for more than a decade, the Juliana’s Fly Fishing School and Warm-up Weekend for Women caters to women who have never held a fly rod as well as advanced anglers looking to improve their technique. Our school instructors will impart the skills and confidence you need to get out on the water and fly fish. Our advanced anglers will fish the Housatonic River and everyone will come together for the camaraderie and fun!
Once again, we will be returning to Ten Mile River Preserve in Dover Plains, NY – just 80 miles from NYC. The Ten Mile River Preserve is over 3,000 acres and 3 1/2 miles of private fishing water and a casting pond.
The weekend includes:
- Small group and individualized casting instruction.
- Classroom sessions: Learn essential fishing knots, basic gear and tackle know-how, stream entomology, how to read water and fly selection, as well as an introduction to fly tying.
- On-the-water instruction: Get practical experience with our instructors to learn wading, approach & presentation, hooking, playing, landing, and releasing fish.
- Advanced anglers will have the opportunity to fish local rivers with a shared guide on Saturday.
- Meals – we start Friday night with a gourmet meal at the Old Drover’s Inn. On Saturday, we have breakfast, lunch, and another gourmet dinner at the Ten Mile River Preserve. We will end on Sunday after breakfast. Limited alcohol included on Saturday, you are free to BYOB.
- Two nights (double occupancy) lodging at Ten Mile River Preserve. We will also have use of the fire pit for s’mores and fish tales and the lodge facilities at Ten Mile River Preserve.
- Anglers are welcome to fish the Ten Mile River or local rivers on Sunday. If interested, a round of sporting clays can be arranged for an additional charge.
Costs and registration
We are only limited by our boundless enthusiasm and the number of beds available. Registration is open now on a first come, first served basis. All rooms are double-occupancy, if you wish to specify a roommate, please indicate it on your registration form. Also please indicate any special dietary concerns – we will make every effort to accommodate your needs.
Check out our FAQ for more information
Have more questions? Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.