Founded in 1995 by Nancy Zakon and other fly fishing enthusiasts, Juliana’s welcomes women at all levels of the sport, from the curious who have never held a rod, to avid fishers who spend as much time on the water as on land. In 2016, the Juliana’s voted to include field sports as part of club activities due to growing interest.
Comprised of women who enjoy the outdoors, the Juliana’s hold regular meetings for socializing and presentations on a wide variety of fly fishing and field sports topics. The club also runs trips to local waters throughout the fishing season and sponsors an annual two-day fly fishing school designed to introduce beginners to the sport, and ready more experienced anglers for the new season. We also organize field sports events, such as shotgun instruction, sporting clays, archery, and more. We welcome suggestions for new events.
Membership is open to any woman, aged 18 or older, who is interested in fly fishing and other field sports. The membership fee is $35 per calendar year.
Benefits of membership:
- The Juliana’s provides a rare forum for women interested in the outdoors and sports to find instruction, camaraderie, and opportunities to meet like-minded people.
- We approach sports seriously to ensure that everyone enjoys the time they spend with us.
- Our club meetings offer lectures on fly fishing and field sports topics by recognized leaders in the sport, as well as good conversation.
- In addition, members can sign up for outings, such as fly fishing trips, or shooting days, which are lauded by professionals guides throughout the Northeast.
- Our members receive news and announcements, access to the club Google group for communication with other members, as well as a 10 percent discount on fishing merchandise at the New York City Orvis store, and special offers or discounts from other local fishing and sports stores.
To Join CLICK HERE